Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Do Over Day

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New Living Translation)

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”

Have you ever had a day that started out promisingly and ended up extremely miserable?

We've all had those days once or twice (a week). I'm sure that we can all relate to the disappointment associated with those experiences. It's hard to get them out of our heads.

I had one of those days recently and this morning the thought occurred to me that I needed to take a different view of that day. Returning from a walk I looked at the sky and felt a gentle breeze as I sat there in the shade. The longer I sat there the more I thought about this day.

Why can't we all look at each day the same way?

I thought about how amazing it would be to get up every day and walk outside, if only for a few minutes, and think about how God has allowed us all to experience His love without any restraint in our hearts. While I sat there a calm came over me that I hadn't experienced in a while. It felt good to be alive!

There really isn't any difference between a bad or good day. The only thing that makes them different is how we view them. God makes every day the same because He loves us, He's merciful and every day is a new day in Him. When He gives us something it has to be good.

I decided that everyday would be

a do over day

because in Him they will all be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment